Author Topic: The Fermi Paradox and Civilization Types  (Read 8820 times)

The Fermi Paradox and Civilization Types
« on: July 24, 2017, 09:30:06 AM »

Jonathan Marcus

• Conspiracy Theorist
  • Civilian
    • View Profile
TRUTHERS, PATRIOTS, AND NON BELIEVERS!!!

Okay, friends.  Alright.  I heard you.  Loud and clear.
Earlier this week, after posting "Meteors... or Something More???", I received a plethora of emails to expand on what I meant by a type 2 civilization.
Certainly.  Happily.  With a profound honor, readers.
So let's talk about it.

THE FERMI PARADOX

The Fermi Paradox states 4 things, then asks a single question.
And bear with me, folks.  I don't want to get these wrong and I certainly don't want to word them incorrectly, so I'm taking these STRAIGHT from the Wikipedia!

1) There are billions of stars in the galaxy that are similar to the Sun, many of which are billions of years older than Earth.
2) With high probability, some of these stars will have Earth-like planets, and if the Earth is typical, some might develop intelligent life.
3) Some of these civilizations might develop interstellar travel, a step the Earth is investigating now.
4) Even at the slow pace of currently envisioned interstellar travel, the Milky Way Galaxy could be completely traversed in a few million years.

Knowing all this.... where is everybody?

I was reading a report some time ago.  I haven't been able to get ahold of the author, so I won't link it here... but I would be more than absolutely ecstatic to send it to anyone who requests it via email...
ANYWAY... said report talked about the Fermi Paradox in length.  It explained that one reason we may not have a galaxy chock full of spaceship wrecks and Dyson Spheres is there are many obstacles that a civilization must successfully navigate before becoming a type 3 civilization.  (more on that in a bit).
Some of these obstacles may be Extinction Level Events such as earth shattering meteors or nuclear apocalypse.
Some may be natural disasters like hurricanes or even pandemics like plagues.  But, according to this article I read, these would be obstacles that all civilizations must go through.  Perhaps not as specific as the walls laid out for earth.   An economic collapse could end life as we know it on the only planet we've ever known... but on Patriko Semalco 17 in the friggen Grothemine system... perhaps they don't even HAVE an economy that CAN collapse.  Perhaps that entirely made up planet inside that fictional system is run entirely by giant ant-like demonoids that have no thumbs and don't even know what an atom is.
They would have their own obstacles.  Maybe the spider angels from a moon that orbits them along an elliptical axis rains down a mass of gunk, ooze, and hatching giant eggs every august.  Something our world wouldn't have to worry about.
I hope.

CIVILIZATION TYPES???

Let's back track just a smidge, dear readers, and talk about the types of civilization.  I've mentioned, in the last post, a type 2 civilization and, earlier in this very post, a type 3 civilization.
What the hell does that even mean, you ask?  Well allow me to clarify, Patriots!
First, you need to know that there are three types of civilization.  Type 1, 2, and 3.  A type 1 civilization is able to harness the full energy of its home planet.  Geothermal energy, wind... nuclear... coal... everything.  Currently, Earth is at .75, give or take a .03 or so.  At the current speed of technological progress on this planet, we probably won't reach type 1 until our great grandchildren have their own grandchildren.
A type 2 civilization can harness the complete energy of its home star.  For those not in the know, this is referring to something like a Dyson Sphere.  A Dyson Sphere is a theoretical structure or grouping of structures that surround(s) a star and harnesses all the solar energy.  Enough energy, in fact, that the entire solar system could take advantage.
Type 3 civilizations basically control their entire galaxy.  Imagine an alien rae that could harness 100% of the energy in its galaxy.
We would be nothing more that doodle bugs to them.

A type 3 civilization could easily be an obstacle.  Think for a moment, Truthers.  Let's say our galaxy had exactly one type 3 civilization.  You know it's certainly not Earth.  Perhaps this type 3 civilization doesn't want the competition... So, when another civilization gets to type 2.75, the type 3 just saunters over and ABSOLUTELY ANNIHILATES THE ENTIRE DAMN RACE.
Entirely within the realm of possibility.
Are you terrified, yet?

CONCLUSION

If I may be so bold, dear Patriots... it should be the world's number one goal to become a type 3 civilization.  Perhaps there's another out there... but there's just as much chance that there isn't one.  If there isn't one, we must become the first.  For if we do not become the first.......
Well.... I'd hate to think of what could happen.

Until next time dear readers!
Question Everything!
Don’t believe the government!
But most importantly

KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE SKIES!!!

-J.M.